CapitalWorks is once again in the market to expand our team. With the completion of the fourth fund and expansion of the number of companies in the portfolio, we are looking for a Pre-MBA Associate to join our team.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to John Corrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CapitalWorks, LLC is a private equity firm located in Cleveland Ohio focused on lower middle market control buyout transactions. The firm was founded in 1999 and has a strong track record of success, we are currently investing out of the firm’s fourth committed buyout fund of $125 million. Our investors are primarily successful entrepreneurs and retired executives who also look to co‐invest in our portfolio companies. With the completion of the fourth fund and expansion of the number of companies in the portfolio, we are looking for a Pre-MBA Associate to join our team.
The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Investment Evaluation – Identify, screen and evaluate new investment opportunities and help with transaction analysis and execution
- Transaction Structuring – Provide transaction structuring and complex financial modeling support for new investment opportunities (platform and add-on)
- Investment Analysis – Conduct investment analysis, due diligence, underwriting and financing activities and prepare investment memorandums
- Industry and Market Research – Conduct industry research and market analysis for portfolio companies and new investments
- Portfolio Company Initiatives – Assist portfolio companies with strategic and financial value creation initiatives including financial analysis, add-on acquisitions, KPI management, growth strategies and others
- Key Participant – Participate in meetings with management teams, financing sources, M&A intermediaries and investors
The ideal candidate has:
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in investment banking, transactional accounting, private equity, or mezzanine financing
- Excellent financial statement analysis, industry research, complex modeling, accounting principles, valuation and Microsoft Office skills
- Comprehensive skill in analyzing investment opportunities including a thorough evaluation of all aspects of a company’s business attributes
- Entrepreneurial skill set with the desire and ability to succeed in a small firm as a team player
- Ability to handle decision making under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to dialog with senior management and senior partners, and communicate effectively to the entire team
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines
- Strong ethics and values
This opportunity has a competitive compensation structure.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume and a brief note outlining your experience and interest to John Corrigan.
CapitalWorks intends to begin interviews in June.
Contact John Corrigan at email@example.com