Position: Pre-MBA Associate
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
CapitalWorks is a private equity investment firm located in Cleveland, Ohio that makes control investments in lower middle market companies. We invest in manufacturing and business service companies with $3 to $9 million of EBITDA.
The firm was founded in 1999 and we are currently investing out of our fourth committed fund of $125 million. Over two decades of investing in the lower middle market, we’ve deployed capital in businesses with greater than $500 million of cumulative enterprise value. Given the growth of the firm and expansion of the number of companies in the portfolio, we are looking for a Pre-MBA Associate to join our growing team in Cleveland.
Associates will be a contributing member of the investment team and involved in all aspects of CapitalWorks business, which would include evaluating platform investments and add-on opportunities, as well as working with management teams of our portfolio companies on strategic initiatives. This position will give associates multiple opportunities to work with portfolio company management teams on critical projects.
- Portfolio Company Initiatives – Lead portfolio company strategic and financial value creation initiatives including financial analysis, add-on acquisitions, management of key measurements by working directly with senior leadership, etc.
- Investment Evaluation – Identify, screen and evaluate new investment opportunities and help with transaction analysis and execution
- Transaction Structuring – Provide transaction structuring and complex financial modeling support for new investment opportunities (platform and add-on)
- Investment Analysis – Conduct investment analysis, due diligence, underwriting and financing activities and prepare investment memorandums
- Industry and Market Research – Conduct industry research and market analysis for portfolio companies and new investments
- Key Participant – Participate in meetings with management teams, financing sources, M&A intermediaries and investors
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in investment banking, private equity or mezzanine financing
- Excellent financial statement analysis, industry research, complex modeling, accounting principles, valuation and Microsoft Office skills
- Comprehensive skill in analyzing investment opportunities including a thorough evaluation of all aspects of a company’s business attributes, risks and investment merits
- Entrepreneurial skill set with the desire and ability to succeed in a small firm as a team player
- Ability to handle decision making under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to dialog with senior management and senior partners, and communicate effectively to the entire team
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines
- Strong ethics and values
This opportunity has a competitive compensation structure.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume and a brief note outlining your experience and interest in the position to Matt Lombardo.
CapitalWorks intends to begin interviews ASAP