The Ultimate Online Destination for Performance Athletes, Combining Training Programs, Content and Social Networking Features
Still in Beta, the Ambitious Platform for Active Sports Participants Is Now Available to Athletes
NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwire – July 26, 2010) – Sports beverage and performance pioneer Gatorade has partnered with STACK Media, the leading producer and distributor of sports training, performance and lifestyle content for active sports participants, to evolve its innovative online training tool and social networking platform: the Gatorade Performance Center.
By teaming up with STACK, Gatorade gains access to the highest concentration of active young males (12 to 24 years old) on the Internet. More than 4 million unique visitors each month engage with STACK Media sites, placing STACK among the leaders in sports properties online.
“We’re extremely pleased to partner with Gatorade in this groundbreaking venture to provide athletes with online training and social networking,” said Nick Palazzo, co-founder and co-CEO of STACK. “We’ve worked with the team at Gatorade to create an exceptional training tool, one that has already proved extremely powerful. Athletes can track and share their training regimens, not only with their teammates and coaches, but also with other student athletes and coaches around the world. We expect the Gatorade Performance Center to continue to expand as a premier platform for performance athletes.”
Based on its success over the last year, the Gatorade Performance Center promises to become the ultimate online destination for performance athletes. It has already received rave reviews, including an AdweekMedia award as “Media Plan of the Year 2010” in the less than $1 million digital category.
Enhanced by several interactive features, the Gatorade Performance Center allows student athletes and their coaches to:
- Post and follow daily custom workouts based on their sport and training goals, including off- and in-season strength programs.
- Consult an interactive calendar to view workouts on a monthly, weekly or daily basis.
- Follow their progress via a Performance Tracker, and compare it with other athletes — just their teammates, or everyone playing their sport.
- Receive training advice and equipment recommendations.
- “Ask the Experts,” by submitting specific sport-related questions for a chance to have them answered in the site’s weekly Gatorade Performance Video Series.