CapitalWorks is a private equity investment firm located in Cleveland, Ohio that makes control investments in lower middle-market companies. We invest in manufacturing and industrial service companies with $3 to $9 million of EBITDA.
The firm was founded in 1999 and we are currently investing out of our fourth committed fund of $125 million. With over two decades of investing experience in the lower middle market, we’ve deployed capital in businesses with greater than $500 million of cumulative enterprise value. Given the growth of the firm and expansion of the number of companies in the portfolio, we are looking for a senior associate to join our growing team in Cleveland.
Senior associates are contributing members of the investment team and involved in all aspects of investment and portfolio company management. The senior associate will be responsible for evaluating platform investment opportunities, leading add-on searches and working with portfolio company management teams on strategic initiatives. This is a unique role that will give individuals immediate opportunities to lead various aspects of deal execution and work with portfolio company management teams on critical projects.
The position requires a strong leader capable of co-leading platform investment and add-on opportunities as well as managing portfolio company projects with management teams (e.g., commercial strategies, financing, operations). The ideal candidate has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be self-motivated and capable of moving up within the firm over time.
- Portfolio Company Initiatives – Lead portfolio company strategic and financial value creation initiatives including financial analysis, add-on acquisitions, management of key measurements by working directly with senior leadership, etc.
- Investment Evaluation – Identify, screen and evaluate new investment opportunities and help with transaction analysis and execution
- Transaction Structuring – Provide transaction structuring and complex financial modeling support for new investment opportunities (platform and add-on)
- Investment Analysis – Conduct investment analysis, due diligence, underwriting and financing activities and prepare investment memorandums
- Industry and Market Research – Conduct industry research and market analysis for portfolio companies and new investments
- Key Leader – Prepare and lead management team meetings, support procurement of deal financing, execute portfolio company strategies and support business development
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4 to 6 years of work experience in investment banking, private equity or mezzanine financing
- Excellent financial statement analysis, industry research, complex modeling, accounting principles, valuation and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to comprehensively analyze investment opportunities including a thorough evaluation of all aspects of a company’s business attributes
- Ability to handle decision making under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to dialog with senior management, senior partners and communicate effectively to the entire team
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines
- Strong ethics and values
This opportunity has a competitive compensation structure. CapitalWorks intends to begin interviews ASAP.
To apply for a position at CapitalWorks, please send your resume and a cover letter to Matt Lombardo firstname.lastname@example.org.